Terms and Conditions of Sale and Use
In these Terms, references to we or us are to The Sunday Times Wine Club operated by Direct Wines Limited, a company incorporated in England and Wales (registered number 1095091) whose registered office is at One Waterside Drive, Arlington Business Park, Theale, Berkshire, RG7 4SW. Our registered VAT number is GB 823825133.
Terms of Sale
The placing of an order anywhere on our Sites does not constitute a contract. Order acceptance and the contract between you and us will only be formed on the despatch to you of the product(s) ordered unless we have notified you that we do not accept your order, or you have cancelled it in accordance with the instructions set out in the Cancellations, Replacements and Refunds section below. For the avoidance of doubt, a contract is not formed at the point in time that payment has been taken from you by The Sunday Times Wine Club (operated by Direct Wines Ltd) nor at the point when you receive an email from The Sunday Times Wine Club (operated by Direct Wines Ltd) acknowledging receipt of your order.
Non-acceptance of an order may be a result of one of the following:
- The product(s) you ordered being unavailable from stock
- Our inability to obtain authorisation for your payment
- Our inability to verify that you are aged over 18
- The identification of a pricing or product description error
- The repeated or fraudulent use of vouchers.
All prices are quoted in pounds sterling, and may be per bottle or per case, as marked. The prices include UK duty and VAT, unless otherwise specified. Any delivery charges are additional, unless otherwise specified.
Although we endeavour to ensure that all pricing information on our Sites is accurate occasionally an error may occur and products may be incorrectly priced. In the event that a product you have ordered is listed at an incorrect price we will contact you by telephone or email before despatching your products asking you to confirm if you still wish to proceed with your order at the correct price or cancel your order. If you do not confirm that you wish to proceed with the order within seven days of the date of our email, we will consider this is a withdrawal of your order.
Where a particular wine is part of a pre-mix case with a general discount applied, the discounted price for the case is relative to the non-discounted prices for the constituent wines.
We reserve the right to alter prices without notice in the event of major currency fluctuations, changes in the rate of duty, VAT or other taxes or import tariffs (including but not limited to the imposition of any new or replacement duty or tariff by the WTO or any other competent authority domestic or international) or other market conditions. We also reserve the right to terminate any special offer at any time, without notice.
All products and services are subject to availability. Wine is an agricultural product and runs out from time to time. Occasionally we have to substitute wines for another vintage or an alternative wine of equal or greater value. If you are unhappy with any substitutions you receive we will arrange collection at our cost.
We deliver throughout the UK except for the Channel Islands and BFPO addresses. Various delivery times are available for you to select when you place an order. For further details of these delivery options and prices for delivery please go to the Delivery Information section of our Site. Details of options available will also be provided at the time of placing your order. We reserve the right to restrict deliveries or to withdraw services to individual customers' addresses if you are repeatedly unavailable to take delivery of your order or in other exceptional circumstances.
Our deliveries are made by third party carriers. Some standard deliveries do not require a signature. If you are out, the delivery driver may be able to leave your order for you in accordance with the instructions that you gave us when you placed your order, for example, in a safe place or to a neighbouring address and if this is not possible, a card will be posted through your letterbox with instructions on how to arrange re-delivery. You should keep your delivery note and all packaging and should notify us immediately if any of the order is missing or damaged. Should you request the wine to be delivered on a signature required service, please ensure that you are available to sign for delivery.
If you have a Wine Club Unlimited subscription, please see the Wine Club Unlimited Terms and Conditions.
Free delivery applies within the UK when your purchase includes any 18 (or more) bottles, magnums or half bottles in a single order and is for our standard delivery service to a single UK address only. Please note that: (i) free bottles count toward the bottle threshold; however (ii) sundries (e.g. tea, bottle openers, glasses or other merchandise), bottle gift sets including sundries and an advent calendar of itself do/does not count towards the bottle threshold, but will be delivered free if the relevant order includes 18 (or more) bottles. Offer of free delivery does not apply to Wine Plan or En Primeur orders. Regardless of the number of bottles ordered, if you request our named day or timed delivery services, you will be charged the rate displayed in the Delivery Information section of our Site.
If you buy any of our wines and it is faulty or you don't like a bottle, please see our Quality Guarantee section below.
If you change your mind about some or all of your order, you may also cancel your order up to and including 14 calendar days after the day on which you receive your order and we will arrange to collect (free of charge) the unwanted products and reimburse the appropriate sum paid including delivery costs (up to the amount charged for the least expensive kind of delivery service we offer) within 14 calendar days after the day on which you tell us that you wish to cancel. However, if you handle the goods whilst they are in your possession in a way which would not be permitted in a shop (for example, by opening a bottle of wine or removing a seal), we will reduce your refund to reflect the reduction in the value of the goods.
Please let us know if you wish to cancel an order by contacting our Customer Services team using one of the methods in the Contact Us section below. If you are e-mailing us or writing to us please include details of your order to help us identify it. Alternatively please complete the cancellation form on our Site.
All refunds given will be made by the same payment method you originally used to make payment.
As we're so confident about all of our wines we are happy to replace or refund any bottles of wines which are faulty or that you don't enjoy, subject to the following conditions:
If a bottle of wine is faulty
If a bottle of wine is corked, oxidised or appears otherwise out of condition, provided it is still within the recommended drink date and has been stored in suitable conditions, we will arrange to replace the faulty bottle with a bottle of the same type of wine (or if not available, a bottle of another type of wine which is of equivalent value). Alternatively, if you prefer we will refund you an amount equal to the value of the bottle. We reserve the right to ask you to provide evidence of the fault and/or to collect the faulty bottle for inspection (at our cost).
If a bottle of wine is not faulty but you did not enjoy it
If, having opened a bottle, the wine was not to your taste, provided it is still within the recommended drink date and has been stored in suitable conditions, we will arrange to replace the bottle with a bottle of another type of wine which is of equivalent value. Alternatively, if you prefer we will refund you an amount equal to the value of the bottle. If you have any more unopened bottles of the same wine which you no longer want, we will arrange to collect them from you (free of charge) and replace them with bottles of another type of wine which are of equivalent value or if you prefer, give you a refund for an amount equivalent to their value.
If you don't enjoy any of the wines or suspect that they may be faulty please contact our Customer Services team using one of the methods in the Contact Us section below and one of our wine advisers will be more than happy to assist.
This Quality Guarantee is in addition to, and does not affect, your legal rights in respect of any of our products or services (for example, if any of our products are not of satisfactory quality). In particular, we are under a legal duty to supply goods that are in conformity with this contract. You have certain legal remedies if we breach these rights. For more information about your legal rights, please contact your local Citizens Advice Service or Trading Standards Service. To exercise your legal rights, please contact our Customer Services team using one of the methods in the Contact Us section below.
All information (including credit card details) is sent and received using up-to-date secure e-commerce software. We continuously monitor and implement new security protocols and software as they become available.
If you have any questions about any aspect of site security please
contact us at:
Unless otherwise stated, voucher codes are only to be used once by new customers who are 18 years or over on their first purchase. You are not entitled to any further introductory vouchers or other introductory offers from The Sunday Times Wine Club or any affiliates. Vouchers are non-transferable, may not be sold at auction and have no cash alternative. Where a voucher is used in breach of the above conditions we reserve the right to refuse to supply wines to you or to make a charge equivalent to the value of the voucher against the payment card used on the contravening order or take steps to redeem the products as we deem appropriate. A charge may be made to cover the cost of recovery of the products.
Wines purchased from us are for the customer's own use only (which may include their use as gifts for third parties). Wines may not be re-sold or otherwise used for commercial purposes.
It is against the law for any person under the age of 18 to buy, or attempt to buy intoxicating liquor or for any person over the age of 18 to buy or attempt to buy intoxicating liquor for any person under the age of 18. The Sunday Times Wine Club is committed to upholding its legal and social obligations as a retailer of intoxicating liquor. By placing an order you confirm that you and the recipient of the wine are at least 18 years old. If our couriers are in doubt of the age of the recipient of an order they will request some form of ID. In the event that this is not satisfied they are not permitted to leave the wine.
We will validate name, address, age and other personal information supplied by you during the order process against appropriate third party databases. By accepting these terms and conditions you consent to such checks being made. Personal information that you provide may be disclosed to a credit reference or fraud prevention agency which may keep a record of that information. This is done only to confirm your identity. A credit card check is not performed and your credit rating will be unaffected. If we cannot verify your age using this method we will contact you to ask for a driving licence number (or other evidence) in order to proceed with the order.
Fraud and Crime Prevention
For the purposes of the prevention or detection of offences, and/or the apprehension or prosecution of offenders, we may share any information that we collect with the police, other public or private sector agencies or representative bodies in accordance with the relevant legislation. Information shared in this way will not be used for marketing purposes.
Please note that the images of the products on our website are for illustrative purposes only. Although we use our best efforts to display the colours accurately, we cannot guarantee that your device's display of the colours accurately reflect the colour of the products. The products you purchase may vary slightly from those images.
You have certain legal rights in respect of any products or services you purchase from us, including that such products are of satisfactory quality and that services are provided with reasonable care and skill. You have certain legal remedies if we breach these rights. Nothing in these Terms of Sale is intended to affect or limit these legal rights or other rights to which you may also be entitled, for example to damages. For more information about your legal rights please contact your local Citizens Advice Service or Trading Standards Service.
Our liability for any losses, damages or costs you suffer as a result of us failing to comply with these Terms of Sale is strictly limited to any losses, damages or costs which are a foreseeable consequence of such failure. Loss, damage or a costs is foreseeable if either it is obvious that it will happen, or if, at the time the contract was made, both we and you knew it might happen.
We are not responsible for any delay in, or failure of, performance of our obligations under these Terms of Sale arising from any event which is outside of our control (for example, an act of God, governmental act, war, fire, adverse weather conditions including snow, flood or storm, explosion or civil commotion, failure of a third party (other than our sub-contractors) or in information technology or telecommunications services, or industrial action). In the event of a significant delay or failure, we will contact you and take reasonable steps to minimise the effect of the delay or failure. If you are unhappy with a delay which affects your order, you may cancel the order and receive a refund for any products you have paid for but not received by contacting us. If you subsequently receive your order after cancelling it and getting a refund, you must let us know and allow us to collect the products you have received.
We will not be liable to you or to any third party for any loss, damage or costs which arise as a result of:
- your failure to lift, transport, store or otherwise handle any product in an appropriate and safe manner; or
- your failure to comply with the recommendations set out in the Risks, warnings and storage conditions section below; or
- any spillages or breakages involving one or more of our products, unless such loss, damage or cost arises as a result of our negligence or one of our products being faulty or defective.
Nothing in these Terms of Sale shall affect our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, for fraud, or any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
Risks, warnings and storage conditions
You should be aware of the following inherent risks and warnings in respect of our products:
- Alcohol should be consumed in moderation.
- A case of wine is heavy so extra care should be taken when lifting it. If you are concerned about the weight we advise that you transfer the bottles 1 or 2 at a time.
- Red wine in particular may cause staining if spilt so extra care should be taken.
- Sparkling wines and champagnes can be volatile due to the build up of gasses. Extra care should be taken when opening these.
- The correct storage of wine is of vital importance. Where possible, you should store bottles horizontally, at a stable, cool temperature, out of direct light and in an atmosphere which has some moisture in order to avoid the drying out of corks. The wine should be subject to as little movement as possible.
If you have any questions regarding orders or any general enquiries please do let us know by:
- Entering the relevant details on the Contact Us page
- Emailing email@example.com
- Calling our Customer Support Line on 03330 142 776
- Writing to us at:
The Sunday Times Wine Club
Direct Wines Ltd
One Waterside Drive
Arlington Business Park
Use of the Sites
To comply with licensing and other legislation, the Sites are only available to those aged 18 years and over. By using the Sites, you agree that you are aged 18 or over. If you are not, you must not use the Sites. We will ask you to enter your date of birth before making any purchases.
You agree to use the Sites only for lawful purposes and in a way which does not infringe the rights of anyone else or restrict or inhibit anyone else's use and enjoyment of the Sites.
Access to the Sites is permitted on a temporary basis and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the service we provide on the Sites without notice.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to the Sites. You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access the Sites through your Internet connection are aware of these Terms and that they comply with them.
Some areas of the Sites may require you to register an account with us in order to use the services or purchase products. By registering you agree that:
- The personal information that you are required to provide when you register as a customer is true, accurate, current and complete in all respects.
- You will notify us immediately of any changes to the personal information by updating your details within the My Details section within your online account or by contacting us using the contact details below.
- You shall not impersonate any person or entity or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person or entity, including using another person's username, password or other account information.
If any information provided by you is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete or if we suspect that any information provided by you is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, we reserve the right to terminate your use of the Sites or your account.
Intellectual Property Rights
All present and future copyright, design rights, unregistered designs, database rights, registered and unregistered trade marks (including The Sunday Times Wine Club trade mark) and any other present and future intellectual property rights and rights in the nature of intellectual property rights existing in and to the Sites including content published on them such as text, graphics, logos, banners, images, buttons, underlying source code and software, are owned by us or the applicable licensor. Nothing in these Terms shall be construed as an assignment to you of any such intellectual property rights.
Any use (including copying, reproduction, duplication, transmission, or display of the content of this website, without our express written permission) for purposes other than the viewing of information or for ordering purposes, is strictly prohibited.
Permission is granted to electronically copy, and to print in hard copy, portions of the Sites for the sole purpose of placing an order with us or using the Sites as a shopping resource.
User comments and content
You may post reviews, ratings, messages, comments and other content which may be disclosed, submitted or offered to us on or through the Sites or otherwise (Submissions).
This right is extended on condition that the Submissions are not illegal, obscene, abusive, threatening, defamatory, invasive of privacy, infringing of intellectual property rights, or otherwise injurious to third parties, or objectionable. Specifically, Submissions should not include software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters or mass mailings. You are solely responsible for your Submissions. We reserve the right, but not the obligation, to remove or edit any Submissions.
If you disclose, submit or offer any Submissions, unless indicated otherwise, you:
- Grant us a non-exclusive, irrevocable, perpetual, royalty-free and fully sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, publish, modify, adapt, translate, distribute, create derivative works from, and display such Submissions throughout the world in any media.
- Grant us and all sub-licensees the right to use the name that you submit in connection with such Submissions, if we so choose.
- Agree to waive your right to be identified as the author of such Submissions and your right to object to derogatory treatment of such Submissions.
- Represent and warrant that you own or otherwise control all of the rights to the Submissions; that, as at the date the Submission is disclosed, submitted or offered to us, such Submission is true, accurate and not misleading; use of the Submission will not cause injury to any person or entity (including that it is not defamatory), does not include the trade secret or confidential information of others and does not infringe any other person's or entity's rights. You agree to indemnify us for all claims brought by a third party against us arising out of or in connection with a breach of any of these warranties.
Privacy and data protection
We have taken all reasonable care in the preparation of the content of the Sites. However, to the extent permitted by applicable law, we do not make any representations, warranties or terms of any kind in respect of the Sites or their contents (including, without limitation, its accuracy or any views or comments made). Access to and use of the Sites and content on the Sites is entirely at your own risk. We accept no liability for viruses or other device contaminants. You are recommended to take all appropriate safeguards (such as installing appropriate anti-virus software) and firewalls before downloading content from the Sites.
We expressly exclude, to the fullest extent permitted by law, all liability of The Sunday Times Wine Club (operated by Direct Wines Ltd), its directors, employees and other representatives, howsoever arising, for any loss or damage suffered as a result of your (i) use of, or inability to use, the Sites; or (ii) use of or reliance on any content displayed on the Sites.
All content, text and graphics on the Sites, unless specified, are directed solely at those who access the Sites from the United Kingdom (excluding the Channel Islands). We make no representation and will not be held liable for any use of the Sites by individuals who access the Sites from other locations.
Information transmitted via the Sites will pass over public telecommunication networks. We make no representation or warranty that the operation of the Sites will be uninterrupted or error free and we will not be liable to you if for any reason the Sites are unavailable at any time or for any period or if there are any errors.
The Sites may include links to websites and/or services owned and/or operated by third parties. These are provided for your convenience only. We are not responsible for and do not give any warranties or make any representations regarding any such websites and/or services, their content or your use of them.
Nothing in this section shall affect our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, our liability for fraud, or any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
This section does not:
- apply to our obligations under the Terms of Sale - please see the Liability section in the Terms of Sale for details of our liability to you in respect of the Terms of Sale; or
- affect your legal rights as a consumer in respect of any of our products or services (for example, if any of our products do not match the description given to them on the Sites). For more information about your legal rights, please contact your local Citizens Advice Service or Trading Standards Service.
We reserve the right to suspend your use of the Sites at any time for operational, regulatory, legal or other reasons. We may terminate your use of the Sites and/or your account with us with immediate effect if you breach any of these Terms.
Amendments to these Terms
We may update or amend these Terms from time to time to comply with law or to meet our changing business requirements by amending this page without notice to you. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes made. Such changes will be effective as soon as they are posted on the Sites. By continuing to use the Sites or purchasing products or services from us, you agree to be bound by the terms of these updates and amendments.
Other important terms
These Terms are governed by the laws of England and the English courts shall have jurisdiction over any disputes arising under or in relation to them and any contract made under them.
If any of these Terms are found to be illegal, invalid or unenforceable by any court of competent jurisdiction, the rest of the Terms remain in full force and effect.
Only you and we are entitled to enforce these Terms. No third party is entitled to enforce any of these Terms, whether by virtue of the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 or otherwise.
We may freely transfer or assign any portion of our rights or delegate our obligations under these Terms. You are not entitled to transfer or assign, by operation of law or otherwise, any portion of your rights or delegate you obligations under these Terms without our prior written consent.
Last updated: December 2015
The Sunday Times Wine Club's Membership Terms and Conditions
If you order a The Sunday Times Wine Club membership, these terms and conditions and our Standard Terms apply.
The benefits of the memberships we offer
The Sunday Times Wine Club’s offers two types of membership. By paying the relevant annual fee, you will receive the following benefits for 12 months:
- Wine Club Unlimited: for any order of 6 bottles or more, including Wine Plan cases, there is no delivery charge, and you can upgrade to our next day or named day delivery service for no additional charge. You can also send wine as gifts (provided that recipients are 18 years or over) by using up to 20 different delivery addresses. You will also receive free delivery on any product you purchase from our gifts range, as well as a free bottle of wine with every order you place at one of our events. You will also have access to a limited number of tickets to some of our nationwide events at a 20% discount against the full ticket price (when purchased directly from us) and a direct line to our Unlimited team. You may also receive exclusive offers from time to time; these will be sent (at our discretion) by mail, by e-mail, SMS and, occasionally, these will be communicated to you by telephone. If you have opted out of receiving marketing communications through any of these channels, you may not receive the exclusive offers.
- Wine Club Charter Plus: with every order of 12 bottles or more, you will receive two bottles of wine, together normally retailing for at least £17.98, at no additional charge, including detailed, illustrated background notes and neck tags. This gives you the opportunity to try interesting wines that you might not normally buy, and often be the first to try exciting new bottles we launch. Please note that if you are a Charter Plus member and:
- wish to rely on our Quality Guarantee (as set out in our Standard Terms) in respect of any free-of-charge bottle, you will only be entitled to receive a replacement bottle but not a refund;
- join a Wine Plan, you will not receive your free-of-charge bottles of the type referred to above with your introductory Wine Plan case but will receive such bottles with all subsequent Wine Plan 12-bottle cases; or
- order 12 or more bottles of En Primeur wine, we will send you your free-of-charge bottles of the type referred to above shortly after accepting your En Primeur order.
- The Sunday Times Wine Club’s Gold: you will receive the benefits of both Unlimited membership and Charter Plus membership as described above. This type of membership is not available to new joiners.
Membership is only available to customers aged 18 years or older and is not available for corporate customers. You must also have an account with The Sunday Times Wine Club to sign up for and use any of our memberships.
These memberships only apply to deliveries in the UK (excluding Channel Islands and BFPO addresses). Please refer to the Delivery section of our website for details of the delivery options we offer.
Automatic annual renewal of membership
At the end of each year of your membership, we will automatically renew your membership for another year. We will remind you of this before the expiry of your membership year and you can notify us at any time that you do not want such renewal to happen by calling us on 03330 142 771 or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Unless you provide such notification, you authorise us to collect the annual membership fee (as notified to you in our renewal reminder) from the credit or debit card registered with your account on expiry of each membership year.
Your rights to cancel your membership
If you ordered your membership via the website, the app or by email or telephone, you can cancel your membership under the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 as follows:
- the general rule is that you must notify us of cancellation within 14 days after the day on which you receive the first of the products ordered using your membership;
- however, if you purchased an Unlimited membership but did not place an order for products at the same time, you must notify us of cancellation within 14 days of us confirming your membership.
If you cancel your membership as set out above, we will refund the price you paid for your membership within 14 days of your notification. However, if you have benefitted from your membership before cancelling it, we will deduct from your refund an amount equivalent to the value of such benefit, as follows:
- the standard delivery charge for each delivery – as set out on the Delivery section of our website – for which you have not been charged as part of an Unlimited membership (excluding any delivery where you have cancelled your order for the relevant goods in accordance with the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 as described above); and
- where you cancel Charter Plus membership, an amount equal to the value of:
- the retail value of any free bottles provided prior to cancellation which you wish to keep (if you do not wish to keep your free bottles you must allow us to collect – free of charge – all such bottles); and
- any reduction in the value of any free bottles provided prior to cancellation that you have handled in a way which would not be permitted in a shop (for example, by opening them, consuming them or removing a seal).
You can also cancel your membership at any time and receive a full refund for the membership fee paid for the current membership year (if applicable), provided you have not used or benefitted from your membership (i.e. received any of the membership benefits, such as free delivery and/or free bottles of wine) in the current membership year. Please note that this cancellation right is separate to the cancellation right under the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013.
You can cancel by calling us on 03330 142 771, emailing us at email@example.com, by using the contact us page on the website (available here) or by completing the Cancellation Form on our website.
Our rights to terminate or not automatically renew your membership
We may terminate your membership or decide not to automatically renew it, with immediate effect and without notice to you if:
- we do not receive payment from you in respect of your membership;
- you are not eligible for membership;
- you do anything which is in breach of these terms and conditions or our Standard Terms; or
- you do anything which is illegal or harmful to our interests.
If we terminate your membership for any of the above reasons, we will retain the price paid for your membership as compensation.
If we cease offering any type of membership and do not replace it with a different type of membership in accordance the paragraph below, we will write to you at least 1 month prior to the end of your current membership year to inform you that we will not be renewing your membership.
If we replace any type of membership with a different type of membership which offers benefits of equivalent or greater value, we will write to inform you that we will be changing your membership type. We will give you at least 1 month’s notice before such change comes into effect. If you do not wish to accept such change, please tell us and we will cancel your membership. If you cancel and the change comes into effect part of the way through your membership year, we will give you a pro rata refund of the membership fee you paid.
Amendments to these Membership Terms
If we amend these terms and conditions (including to make changes to the membership benefits or to increase membership fees) further to the general section of our Standard Terms, the changes will come into effect when your membership automatically renews and not before. Your continued membership after the renewal date constitutes acceptance of the changes. If you do not agree to such changes, please tell us that you do not want your membership to automatically renew.
Digital 6 month trial
- Open to The Sunday Times Wine Club members only.
- By entering into this membership with Times Newspapers Limited, you agree that you are 18 or over and live in the UK.
- Your membership to the digital pack starts when the order has been processed and has a term of 6 months, after this your membership will automatically terminate.
- This is an instant access service. Your membership will start immediately on confirmation of your order.
- We'll use your information in accordance with our privacy and cookie policies, which you can read here: http://www.newsprivacy.co.uk
- Your membership is subject to our full membership terms and conditions which are available online @ thetimes.co.uk
Open to The Sunday Times Wine Club members only. Resident in the UK aged 18+ only. Membership will be with Times Newspapers Limited. Membership to the digital pack is an instant access service and starts when the order has been processed. The free trial has a term of 6 months only, after this membership will automatically terminate. Membership is subject to our full membership terms and conditions which are available online @ thetimes.co.uk
Direct Wines Limited and Times Newspapers Limited may share your information with each other for campaign reconciliation, evaluation, audit purposes and in accordance with their respective privacy policies.
Last updated: April 2018
Wine/Spirit Plan Terms and Conditions
If you join a Wine/Spirit Plan, these terms and conditions and our Standard Terms apply.
How our wine/spirit plan work
Once we have accepted your request to join a Plan (in accordance with the Our contract with you section of our Standard Terms) and we have received payment from you for the introductory case of wine/spirit, you will receive:
- The introductory case for the Plan that you have selected, plus any items which are advertised as being included with such introductory case, within 3-5 days of our acceptance; and
- (unless you cancel or delay your Plan) a case at regular intervals (most are every 12 weeks but the intervals can vary between 4, 8 or 12 weeks as you wish and some are annual). Except for annual Plans we may also send you an extra case at Christmas, if you become eligible – we will let you know beforehand if so. We will charge you for each case you receive after the introductory case based on the applicable price (as set out in the table below) plus our standard delivery fee, as set out on the Delivery Information page. By requesting to join a Plan, you authorise us to deduct such subsequent amounts from the credit or debit card that you used to pay for the introductory case.
- Informative tasting notes are usually included in each case but occasionally these may be posted to you separately or made available online.
- We will usually give you details of the next case in the immediately previous case or, occasionally, by post if that has not been possible. You will also be able to review the forthcoming case online. You can also notify us if you would like to receive this information by email.
|Plans||Any frequency available but wines change every:||Future Case Price (plus £7.99 for standard delivery)|
|The Seasons||4 weeks||12 btl £99.99 / 6 btl £49.99|
|The Big Red Experience||8 weeks||£99.99|
|A Taste of Australia||8 weeks||£107.88|
|A Taste of Spain||8 weeks||£89.99|
|A Taste of Italy||8 weeks||£99.99|
|Sauvignon Blanc and Friends||8 weeks||£99.99|
|Merlot and Friends||8 weeks||£89.99|
|Pinot Grigio and Friends||8 weeks||£89.99|
|Shiraz and Friends||8 weeks||£99.99|
|Heroes Collection||12 weeks||£99 - variable|
|Wine of the Season||12 weeks||£107.88 - variable|
|Le Chai Mixed||12 weeks||12 blt £125.88 / 6 btl £62.94|
|Le Chai Reds||12 weeks||12 blt £131.88 / 6 btl £65.94|
|Le Chai Whites||12 weeks||12 blt £119.88 / 6 btl £59.94|
|The Claret Collection||12 weeks||12 btl £139.99 / 6 btl £69.99|
|The Rioja Collection||12 weeks||12 btl £129.99 / 6 btl £64.99|
|The Classics Collection||12 weeks||£159.99|
|Discover Better||12 weeks||£129.99|
|The Hugh Johnson Collection*||12 weeks||6 btls £160 – variable|
|Customer Favourite Regular Delivery|
|Il Papavero Red||On vintage release||£81.49|
|Black Stump||On vintage release||£101.89|
|El Bombero||On vintage release||£91.70|
|XV du President||On vintage release||£101.89|
|Pillastro Primitivo||On vintage release||£101.89|
|Cabalie||On vintage release||£101.89|
|La Clariere (in wood)||On vintage release||12 blts £180 / 6 btls £90|
|La Clariere White (in wood)||On vintage release||12 blts £155.88 / 6 btls £77.94|
|Colombe||On vintage release||12 blts £119.88 / 6 btls £59.94|
|Altos Pigeage (in wood)||On vintage release||12 blts £192 / 6 btls £96|
|Il Corto (in wood)||On vintage release||12 blts £192 / 6 btls £96|
|RedHeads Barossa Valley Shiraz||On vintage release||12 blts £180 / 6 btls £90|
|Whisky Circle (1 bottle)||12 weeks||£55-£86 - variable|
|The Gin Club (2 bottles)||12 weeks||£65 - variable|
Please note the following restrictions which apply to Wine/Spirit Plans, in addition to those set out in the voucher codes, promotions and special offers section in Standard Terms:
- Only one introductory, discounted case is permitted per household. We reserve the right to reject repeated orders for introductory cases; and
- If you are a Charter Plus customer when you join a Wine/Spirit Plan, you will not receive your Charter Plus bottles with your introductory case but will receive such bottles with every subsequent 12 bottle case that you receive as part of the Plan.
Changing or cancelling a wine/spirit plan
If you wish to, you can:
- Change the frequency of your Plan;
- Change your selected Plan to a different one – we have Plans to suit all tastes;
- Swap individual wines for your favourites or a wine you'd particularly like to try (except for those Plans in the table above that are marked with an asterisk);
- Bring the delivery date forward if you need a case sooner;
- Push the delivery date back if you are not ready for another case (the contents of the case may change). The delivery date can only be pushed back so far but you can come back nearer the time to delay delivery again; or
- Cancel your Plan.
To change or cancel a Plan, you must let us know:
- At least 9 days prior to the scheduled delivery date of your next case; and
- By accessing your Plan online in your account or by calling us on 03330 148 149. Please note that cancellations can only be made by phone.
- If (whether before or after cancelling a Plan) you have received a case that you wish to cancel, you may cancel that case in accordance with the Cancellation section of our Standard Terms.
- From time to time we may make changes to these terms and conditions, including the prices for each Wine/Spirit Plan case, or we may cease offering a type of Plan and transition you onto a new type of Plan if relevant. We will let you know in writing and a reasonable time in advance of making any such changes. If you are unhappy with such changes, you can cancel your Wine/Spirit Plan in accordance with this section 4. If you do not cancel your Wine/Spirit Plan, the changes will come into effect starting with the next case of wine which you receive.
En Primeur Terms and Conditions (the "Terms")
What is En Primeur?
En Primeur is the term for buying wines as futures. That is, buying wines before they are bottled and released onto the market. Depending on the wine region, wines can be delivered at any time from one month to 2 - 3 years after the wines are offered. In the event that a wine is unavailable for reasons beyond our control, our liability will be limited to payments made in respect of the order affected.
Prices and payment instalments
A description of the wines and prices are set out in the brochure and are correct at the time of publication. Errors and omissions are excepted.
Our En Primeur prices are the 'in bond' cost (i.e. exclusive of UK duty and VAT). No discount or vouchers shall apply to En Primeur wines.
Customers may order Charter Plus wines by calling our Fine Wines Team on 03330 148 202 or by emailing the Fine Wine Team.
Customers pay for the wines in two payments. The first payment covers the cost of the wine itself. When the wine arrives with us in the UK, we will send you another invoice for the second and final instalment. Should you choose to take delivery of your wine, this invoice will set out the cost of delivery to a UK address, duty at the prevailing rate, plus the VAT applicable on the day of the final invoice (currently 20%). Alternatively, you can choose from one of the following options:
- (i) to keep the wine in bond; or
- (ii) to pay the UK duty and VAT and store it Duty Paid.
Once we have received payment of the appropriate amount in cleared funds, we will action your instructions.
If payment is not made by the due dates by you then we may without prejudice to any other rights we may have, charge interest at an annual rate of 5% above the current base rate of Barclays Bank PLC to be calculated on a day to day basis on the balance outstanding until payment is made in full.
When we receive your order we will send you a Reservation Certificate to the address provided by you. You will not receive any wine at this time. However, should you be a Charter Plus member and order 12 or more bottles, we will send you your usual complimentary bottle(s).
Your En Primeur order is an offer to buy from us. A contract is not formed until we accept your order which takes place when we invoice you for the wines at the En Primeur price. We reserve the right to cancel orders if we have not received payment within 14 days of the due date.
Ownership and Insurance
All wines or other goods remain the property of The Sunday Times Wine Club (operated by Direct Wines Ltd) or its associates until payment is received in full (in cash or cleared funds). You may resell the Wine but will account for the sale if so required by The Sunday Times Wine Club and if title to the Wine has not passed to you then prior to such sale you must notify the purchaser of these Terms relating to the title to the Wine. Should you resell the Wine prior to its arrival in the UK, you must ensure that you pass on any notifications you receive from us to the purchaser. However, you will remain liable for any outstanding payments.
All wines are insured by us at the original invoice value until your delivery and or storage instructions have been completed.
Wines ordered through our En Primeur service can only be cancelled within 14 days of placing the initial order but not at any time thereafter. A full refund of any payment made up to this point will be given on receipt of written notification of the cancellation of the order. Due to the nature of the En Primeur sales we regret that orders cannot be cancelled after this time.
Delivery and Storage
En Primeur wines will be delivered to the UK delivery location nominated by the customer. Should you request the wine to be delivered on a signature required service, please ensure that you are available to sign for delivery. Wines will not be delivered until all monies due to us have been received and cleared in full. Our standard delivery charges apply. Please see our Delivery Information section for further details.
We can store your wine (both 'duty paid' or 'in bond') in ideal, long-term cellar conditions. Our storage charge is currently £10.80 per case per year. Please contact us for further details.
If you do not contact us with instructions within 6 weeks of your wines being ready, we will place the wines into bonded storage on your behalf and at your cost. The credit or debit card that you used to make the first payment for the wines will be charged the applicable storage fee.
You or anyone acting on your behalf undertakes to inspect all goods when collecting or immediately on delivery and to notify us or the carrier immediately of any shortage, damage or other deficiency. You or anyone acting on your behalf will be deemed to have accepted the goods as satisfying your order three days after collection/delivery, and thereafter will not be entitled to reject wines for any reason, and no returns or credits will be permitted thereafter.
If any payment is overdue for 14 days or the goods have not been collected within three months of being available, or there is an earlier indication from you that payment will not be made or the goods will not be collected, we shall be entitled to send written notice to the invoice address of our intention to deal with, sell or otherwise dispose of the goods and 7 days thereafter we shall be at liberty to do so unless payment in full is received or the goods are collected before the close of business on the seventh day. Any method of resale is entirely at our discretion.
Upon resale you will receive a credit of 80% of the lower of the net proceeds of the resale and the price of our original sale to you. Any balance after the credit shall remain payable by you and shall continue to carry interest. The existence of this right does not affect any other remedies we would have.
All goods are offered subject to availability. If the wines you have selected are unavailable we will contact you to advise you of this. If the producer fails to supply us with the wine we will contact you with available alternatives or offer a refund of monies paid.
It is your responsibility to keep us informed of any changes of address and other contract details in order to maintain any reservations you may have with us.
Our liability for losses you suffer as a result of us breaching these Terms is strictly limited to any losses which are a foreseeable consequence of us breaching these Terms. Losses are foreseeable where they could be contemplated by you and us at the time your order is accepted by us. Nothing in these Terms shall affect our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, nor our liability for fraud, nor any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
Except as expressly provided in these Terms, we are not responsible for any delay in, or failure of, performance of our obligations under these Terms arising from any cause beyond our reasonable control including but not limited to any of the following: a failure by you to provide correct delivery details, act of God, governmental act, war, fire, flood, storm, adverse weather conditions including but not limited to snow, explosion or civil commotion, failure in information technology or telecommunications services, failure of a third party (including failure to supply data) and industrial action.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
These Terms are governed by the laws of England and the English courts shall have jurisdiction over any disputes arising under or in relation to them and any contract made under them.
If you have any questions please do let us know by:
- Emailing the Fine Wine Team
- Calling our Fine Wine Team on 03330 148 202
Events Terms and Conditions
The Sunday Times Wine Club encourages responsible drinking. By buying and using a ticket for an event, you accept that:
- there is strictly no admittance to anyone under 18 years old, including babes in arms and pushchairs. We reserve the right to ask for photographic identification with proof of age;
- strictly no containers holding wine, beer or spirits can be removed from the premises;
- there is no smoking allowed within the venue;
- no fancy dress is permitted at the event;
- you may be photographed, filmed and sound recorded for broadcast or publication;
- the venue and organisers shall not be liable for any loss, injury or damage within the premises;
- attendees will be liable for the full commercial cost of any wines or equipment lost or damaged as a result of their individual actions whilst on-site;
- should this ticket be re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the Wine Club, it will become voidable and the holder may be refused entry to, or ejected from, the venue.
The Sunday Times Wine Club reserves the right in combination with any other statements or directives which may be shown on the ticket or displayed in their premises to:
- alter the composition of the event, talks or demonstrations without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets;
- refuse the use of any form of audio or visual equipment;
- conduct security searches to ensure the safety of attendees;
- refuse admission or expel any person whose conduct renders such a course necessary.
Event bookings, changes and cancellations
If the event is cancelled, postponed or other material changes are made (such as a change of the venue), we will notify you as soon as reasonably practicable. The original tickets that you have purchased will remain valid for the revised event (except for in the case of cancellation) unless otherwise advised. However, should you be unable to attend the revised event or in the case that an event is cancelled, we will offer you the option to attend an alternative event or a refund of the face value of the tickets.
Tickets are valid only for the date and time booked. If you are unable to attend the event you have booked, please contact us immediately. Please note that we will not be able to refund you if you cancel less than 5 working days before the date of the event, with the exception of the Wine and Dinner Evenings at Le Manoir Aux Quat’ Saisons and The George of Stamford where we require at least 14 working days’ notice of cancellation before the event date. No-show bookings are non-refundable and you will not be able to rebook for a different date. To cancel your place at an event or change the date/time please call 03330 142 776 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Personal arrangements including travel, accommodation or hospitality relating to the event which have been arranged by you are at your own risk. The Wine Club shall not be liable for you for any loss of enjoyment or wasted expenditure.
You or anybody you buy wine for must be 18 years or over. All goods are subject to availability. Prices and special offers are valid only for the duration of the featured event unless otherwise stated, or while stocks last. All offers (including free delivery) are limited to one per household per offer. The Sunday Times Wine Club reserves the right to alter prices and cancel, modify or supersede any promotion without notice. You must order at least 6 bottles at the event to qualify for free delivery. Please see order form at the event for specific offer terms.
Event offers cannot be used in conjunction with wine plans, introductory offers, en primeur or any other vouchers or promotions not included in any specific event-related materials (including event emails and mailings) or not offered at the event.
The Sunday Times Wine Club operated by Direct Wines Ltd.
Registered in England and Wales. Registered Number 1095091. One Waterside Drive, Arlington Business Park, Theale, Berkshire, RG7 4SW.
Prize Draw and Competition Terms and Conditions
Unless otherwise stated, the prize draw or competition is run by The Sunday Times Wine Club operated by Direct Wines Limited of One Waterside Drive, Arlington Business Park, Theale, Berkshire, RG7 4SW (the "Promoter").
The prize is stated on each individual prize draw or competition (a Promotion').
All prizes are non-transferable, non-refundable, non-negotiable and cash alternatives are not available.
The Promoter reserves the right at all times to substitute any element of the Promotion (including replacing any prize with an alternative) as necessary due to circumstances outside its reasonable control.
Entrants must be aged 18 or above at the time of entry and must have an address in England, Scotland or Wales (unless otherwise stated) to which the prize can be delivered. No Promotion is open to any employees of the Promoter or their families (defined as parents, children, siblings, spouses or life partners), or any person professionally connected with the relevant Promotion. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the eligibility of entrants.
Instructions on how entrants may enter is stated on each individual Promotion.
Only one entry per person shall be allowed for each Promotion unless otherwise stated. Any further entries from persons who have already entered a particular Promotion shall be disqualified.
Winners may be required to submit valid identification before receiving any prize. The Promoter reserves the right to invalidate the relevant entry and disqualify the entrant from any Promotion and refuse to award the prize if there are reasonable grounds to believe that there has been a breach of these Terms and Conditions by an entrant.
Duration of Promotion
The closing date is stated on each individual Promotion.
The Promoter reserves the right to modify, terminate, suspend or extend any Promotion at any time without prior notice.
Allocation of prize
All qualifying entrants will be placed in the draw. Winners will be drawn after the closing date at random from all valid entries received.
Notification of prize
Winners will be notified by telephone (where provided) within 72 hours of the relevant draw taking place. If the Promoter is unable to get hold of the winner by telephone, it will attempt to contact the winner by email (where provided). Where no telephone number or email address is provided, the Promoter will attempt to contact the winner by post. Entrants should ensure that they provide correct contact details.
The Promoter's decision will be final and no correspondence regarding the prize allocation will be entered into.
Winners will have seven days from the date that the Promoter first notified them to claim their prize. Failure to do so will result in forfeiture of their prize. In case of forfeiture, the Promoter reserves the right to carry out a subsequent draw.
Upon claiming a prize, winners will be required to send the Promoter full details of their postal address to which the prize will be delivered (if not already provided).
Any Promotions run on Twitter or Facebook shall be announced on our Twitter or Facebook page within 7 days of the closing date of the Promotion.
Winners may be required to participate in publicity associated with a Promotion and the Promoter (or any third party nominated by the Promoter) may use the winner's name and image and their comments relating to the Promotion for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes in any media worldwide without notice or without any fee being paid.
The Promoter reserves the right to make any amendment or addition to these Terms and Conditions.
Entries will not be acknowledged and no responsibility can be accepted for entries which are not properly received due to circumstances beyond our control. Proof of entry is not proof of receipt.
Entrants are advised to retain and keep safe these Terms and Conditions. Entry to the Promotion confirms acceptance of these rules as final and legally binding.
The list of winners' names may be obtained by sending a stamped addressed envelope to The Sunday Times Wine Club Prize Draws and Competitions at the address set out in paragraph 1 within 1 month of the closing date.
These terms and conditions will be exclusively governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England, unless entrants are resident in Scotland or Northern Ireland, in which case they may choose the law of their place of residence. Entrants irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales, unless they are resident in Scotland or Northern Ireland in which case they may choose the courts of their place of residence.
The Promoter shall not be liable in any way for a) any costs or expenses associated with claiming or redeeming any prize and not specifically included within the prize as stated on each individual Promotion, b) any damages, liability or injury arising out of or in any way connected with the Promotion or the prize other than those costs and expenses specifically stated on each individual Promotion. Nothing in this disclaimer is intended to limit the promoter's liability for death or personal injury arising out of the Promoter's negligence.
How much is too much?
The government advises that people should not regularly drink more than their weekly unit guidelines:
Men: 14 units of alcohol
Women: 14 units of alcohol
This advice applies regardless of how often you drink alcohol; you shouldn't interpret the guidance as allowing you to "save up" your units, it's best to spread evenly across the week.
What is a unit?
The size and strength of your drink will determine the number of units it contains. It's not quite as simple as one drink, one unit - a glass of wine can range between just over one unit and more than three units depending on the size of the glass and type of wine.
Remember, when you're drinking at home, you tend to pour measures that are larger than you get in your local.
Alcohol and the Law
The law on alcohol covers such areas as underage drinking, drink driving and drinking in public places. The full facts can be found on the Drinkaware website. Find out more >
We do not sell alcohol to anyone that we believe to be intoxicated.
We operate a Challenge 25 policy in our stores and on delivered sales, always asking for a recognised form of ID when we have reason to believe that the customer or person receiving goods may be under the age of 25.
We do not sell alcohol to customers whom we suspect of passing alcohol to under 18s.
We do not offer any incentives to our customers to drink irresponsibly.
We support the Portman Group's Code of Practice regarding the responsible naming, packaging and promotion of alcoholic drinks.
Our staff have easy access to information about alcohol by volume (ABV) and alcohol units, for customers' benefit as well as their own.
The ABV of every alcoholic product we sell can be found on our website and on the product label.
Water is always available free of charge at any of our tastings and on tasting tables throughout the week. We encourage our customers to use spittoons during store tastings, both through clear signage at our 'Tasting Counters' and through staff example.
Leading Industry Standards
We believe that our industry can and should work together to promote the responsible enjoyment of alcohol and that collectively, we can positively change the nation's relationship with alcohol.
We are an active member of the Wine and Spirit Trade Association (WSTA).
We are a Gold Corporate Sponsor of the Wine and Spirit Education Trust (WSET), the educating body for the wine and spirits trade.
Every year we offer all staff the opportunity to complete the WSET intermediate, advanced or diploma certificates. These are offered free of charge to our employees. The courses cover content on the principles of alcohol and social responsibility.
We are a supporter and funder of the Drinkaware trust, an independent, public-facing body with the objective of changing the UK's drinking habits for the better.
Effects of Alcohol
On the Drinkaware website you'll find useful clinically approved facts and information about the effects of alcohol on your life and lifestyle designed to help you make positive decisions about your drinking. More Details >
Calories in Alcohol
Due to the nature of how alcoholic drinks are made, by fermenting and distilling natural starch and sugar, each alcoholic drink contains an amount of calories.
Each alcohol type varies in the amount of calories they contain, but some can be as many as in a slice of pizza. The Drinkaware website holds information about the amount of calories that can be found in alcohol and also has handy calculator which tells you approximately how many calories can be found in a wide range of alcoholic drinks. Find out more >
If you subscribe to The Sunday Times Wine Club’s Rewards, these terms and conditions and our Standard Terms apply.
How The Sunday Times Wine Club’s Rewards works
The Sunday Times Wine Club’s Rewards is a way for you to spread the cost of your wine across monthly payments of an amount of your choosing.
When you join The Sunday Times Wine Club’s Rewards, you will select an amount that you wish to pay into your account every month. You can select £30, £40 or £50 when joining or, if you join by purchasing a Rewards introductory case, a default payment of £30 will apply. You can increase this to a maximum payment of £250 and decrease to a minimum payment of £20 every month (but payments must be in increments of £5).
By joining you authorise us to collect these monthly payments from the credit or debit card you used to make the initial payment.
You can use the funds in your account at any time when you buy almost all of our products or services, online or by telephone. Currently you cannot pay for Wine Plan cases with Rewards funds. If you do not have enough funds in your account, or you do not wish to spend them all, you can make a purchase using a mix of funds in your account and using your credit or debit card, paypal account or any The Sunday Times Wine Club vouchers you may have.
Please note that there may be certain restrictions on using your The Sunday Times Wine Club’s Rewards funds to pay for the first and any subsequent instalments on certain products and services that require ongoing payments (such as Wine Plan cases, En Primeur and other pre-sell products and our wine storage charges).
The benefits of The Sunday Times Wine Club’s Rewards
By joining The Sunday Times Wine Club’s Rewards, you will spread the cost of your wine across monthly payments of an amount of your choosing.
In addition, whilst you continue to make payments into your The Sunday Times Wine Club’s Rewards account, you will receive:
- (i) a free bottle of wine usually priced at £10 or more for every 12 bottles of wine you order. So, for example, if you ordered 24 bottles of wine you would receive 2 free bottles of wine; and
- (ii) on every order of 12 or more bottles of wine, free standard delivery (which is normally subject to a £7.99 charge). Please note that we deliver only in the UK (excluding the Channel Islands and BFPO).
You may only use up to 20 different delivery addresses in relation to these benefits.
As long as you continue to make payments into your The Sunday Times Wine Club’s Rewards account, these benefits will apply whether or not you choose to pay for the order using the funds in your account (i.e. even if you choose to pay by credit or debit card, you will still get the benefits).
The Sunday Times Wine Club’s Rewards eligibility
The Sunday Times Wine Club’s Rewards is only available to customers aged 18 years or older and is not available for corporate customers.
When you make purchases using your The Sunday Times Wine Club’s Rewards funds
If you use your funds to make purchases of your choosing, in addition to these terms, our Standard Terms apply.
Unspent The Sunday Times Wine Club’s Rewards funds
We will send you updates from time to time if you have unspent funds in your account. We will contact you by writing to the email address and/or physical address that you have provided us with.
If you have not spent your funds in 2 years and you are no longer an active subscriber, we will write to you to notify you of the unspent balance. We will make follow-up contact by telephone (where you have given us your telephone number) and again in writing. We will send a final letter by recorded delivery.
If you have not spent the outstanding balance within 3 months of the date of the letter sent to you by recorded delivery, you authorise us to treat such funds as abandoned and we reserve the right to use such funds for charitable purposes and, in which case, you agree that we shall have no further liability to you.
Your rights to cancel your The Sunday Times Wine Club’s Rewards membership
You can cancel your membership at any time by calling us on 03330 148 168 or using the Contact Us form available on our website (found here).
When you cancel your membership, you will continue to enjoy your The Sunday Times Wine Club’s Rewards benefits until the date one month after the date of your final payment into your account and you can either:
- keep any funds in your account to spend as and when you want (although please note you will only continue to enjoy your The Sunday Times Wine Club’s Rewards benefits until the date one month after the date of your final payment into your account); or
- ask us to return any funds in your account to you immediately.
We shall return any balance to you by crediting the card which you used to pay in funds to your The Sunday Times Wine Club’s Reward account.
Our rights to terminate your membership
We may terminate your membership with immediate effect and without notice to you if:
- we do not receive payment from you in respect of your membership;
- you are not eligible for membership;
- you do anything which is in breach of these terms and conditions or our Standard Terms; or
- you do anything which is illegal or harmful to our interests.
If we terminate your membership for any of the above reasons, we will return any balance in your The Sunday Times Wine Club’s Rewards account to you. We shall do so by refunding the card which you used to pay in funds to your The Sunday Times Wine Club’s Rewards account.
If we cease offering The Sunday Times Wine Club’s Rewards and do not replace it with a different type of membership in accordance with the paragraph below, we will write to you at least 1 month prior to the cessation date and will return any balance in your The Sunday Times Wine Club’s Rewards account to you shortly after the cessation date. We shall do so by refunding the card which you used to pay in funds to your The Sunday Times Wine Club’s Rewards account.
If we replace The Sunday Times Wine Club’s Rewards with a different type of membership which offers benefits of equivalent or greater value, we will write to inform you that we will be changing your membership type. We will give you at least 1 month’s notice before such change comes into effect. If you do not wish to accept such change, please tell us and we will cancel your regular payments.
Amendments to these Membership Terms
If we amend these terms and conditions (including to make changes to the membership benefits) further to the general section of our Standard Terms, we will notify you when the changes come into effect. Your continued payments after that date constitutes acceptance of the changes. If you do not agree to such changes, please tell us that you want to terminate your payments.
Last updated: November 2018